Saturday, December 5, 2015

day 2

This morning I woke up in the mood...but since that moment, I've had many thoughts. Some related to being in the mood and others around perception. (what can i say, my mind moves randomly) I thought back to the first time I heard the words "you are beautiful" to as a child hearing "you're too skinny." But more than me reflecting on this for myself, I thought about how other young women feel who have contradicting or negative views of themselves. Those who may have felt that they were too this or too that or not enough of this or not enough of that. Those who didn't know it was ok to touch themselves or those who were violated before they knew what a loving touch felt like.

In this moment, I selfishly give thanks for the experiences that have given me knowledge of self. I know how far I've come from being conflicted about who I was to living in acceptance of who I am. So as much as I'd like this to be a message to inspire, it's more of an excuse to show gratitude to the experiences, lessons and people who didn't violate me, who loved me unconditionally, and those who continue to support me in whatever mood I'm in...

No comments:

Post a Comment