Wednesday, December 9, 2015

day 6

this morning was a challenge. i woke up early, only to force myself back to sleep until 45 mins after the alarm had gone off and npr had started reporting the news. i basically begrudgingly got dressed and went to work, the entire time thinking i can do work for 3 days (mind you this is the 3rd day i've been at work) but 5 is just too much. i said to myself, i just don't want to have to go...besides i could be doing so many other things, like writing or creating, or redoing my website or shooting a video, or using the new software i have. so to make a long story short, this morning i was totally consumed about all the things i could do if i wasn't working a "9 to 5." well, i got to work, still sort of sulking but despite being hella busy, it was ok. my work day was just fine. i laughed with my colleagues, i received a challenging but exciting assignment for early 2016 and i survived...as i always do when i go through these fits.

in all of my fussing with myself this morning, i realized that i'm not frustrated with work (i like that i get to work doing something i enjoy, while learning a ton)...i'm frustrated with myself. i had chosen to roll over and go back to sleep when i knew my body had woken up for a reason. i'm the one who didn't spend my time in the right ways when i got home from work the night before. granted, i don't want to work a "9 to 5" for the rest of my life (how about within the next 6-7 years) but it starts with me. everybody who is successful has made sacrifices around how they spend their time. and if i'm ever to get to the place where i wake up when i want and do what i want with my day, then it starts now...after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment